Our beliefs are based on the Word of God which gives us the doctrinal content of our faith and guides all that we say and do.
We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s inspired, infallible, inerrant Word (Ps. 119; 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- God exists in three co-equal, co-eternal persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1-2, 26; John 1:1-2, 14; 10:28-30; 17:1-11, 20-26).
- God created the universe in six 24-hour days (Gen. 1; Ex. 31:12-17).
- Jesus is God in the flesh, born of the virgin Mary (John 1:1-14; Is. 7:14). He died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose bodily from the grave on the third day, ascended visibly into Heaven and will return personally and visibly to the earth at His second coming to establish his literal 1,000 year kingdom on earth (Luke 24:1-7; Rev. 19-21).
- There is salvation through no other than Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:13; Eph. 2:8-9). ALL are sinful in need of a Savior (Rom. 3:10, 23; 6:23).
- The Rapture of the church is imminent and pre-tribulational (Matt. 24:15-31; Rev. 4:1; 19:11).
- The Local Church is a visible body of baptized believers assembled together for worship, fellowship, education and evangelistic outreach. The church universal is comprised of all believers from Pentecost to the rapture (Acts 2:40-47; 1 Cor. 12).
- Salvation is not by our good works but by God’s grace, through personal faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Eph. 2:8-9).
- God the Holy Spirit is a person who indwells believers permanently at the moment of salvation (Rom. 8:9-11; 1 John 3:24; 4:13).
- Certain sign Gifts, such as speaking in tongues (foreign languages) as well as the offices of apostle and prophet served their purpose in the early 1st century church, have ceased and are no longer operative (1 Cor. 12 – 14).
- Heaven and Hell are real places and the resurrection of the just (true followers/believers of Christ Jesus) will be to everlasting life and the resurrection of the lost will be to final judgment and everlasting punishment (John 14:1-6; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Is. 66:24; Matt. 10:28; 13:36-52; Mark 9: 42-48; Luke 16:23-25; Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).