As well as a fun centered environment for 3rd-6th graders to learn God’s Word and grow as a Christian. Some of the exciting, fun events throughout the club year for T&T clubbers are Laser Tag, Bowling, AWANA Bible Quizzing, AWANA Grand Prix, AWANA Crazy Meal, and many others!
Special theme nights add excitement to our club! Some of these include: Crazy hair night, Jumbo month, Missionary Madness, Scavenger Hunt, Backwards Night, and much more!
AWANA clubbers earn awards to wear on their uniform for completing various sections in their handbooks. Unique to our 3rd-6th grade clubbers, each individual can earn AWANA Shares (currency) to spend in our on-site AWANA Store, at Christmas time to purchase gifts for family members, and at the end of the year at our AWANA Auction!
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of AWANA to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
- Interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third- through sixth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes.